Sep 20, 2017
Over 320 Child, Youth Organizations Call for Immediate Passage of Dream Act
More than 320 national, state, and local child and youth advocacy organizations have sent a letter to Congress in support of the bipartisan Dream Act of 2017. The bill would provide lawful status and a path to citizenship for hundreds of thousands of immigrant youth and young adults who came to the United States as children, including recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
- Sep 12, 2017 | CLASP Child & Adult Poverty Down in 2016 – But Policy, Budget Upheavals Risk Increase in 2017 and Beyond CLASP release on 2016 poverty data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sep 05, 2017 | CLASP Trump’s Decision to End the DACA Program Is a Blow to Our Nation’s Values and Future CLASP statement on the decision by President Trump to terminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
- Aug 15, 2017 CLASP Responds to Charlottesville
- Aug 04, 2017 Anti-Poverty Advocates Condemn the RAISE Act as an Affront to Working Families
- Jul 28, 2017 Statement from CLASP on the Senate’s Rejection of ACA Repeal On Medicaid’s 52nd birthday, CLASP celebrated the defeat of deeply disturbing proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and tear health coverage away from tens of millions of Americans.
Jul 25, 2017
Senate begins debate to strip millions of health insurance
On July 25, 2017, 50 senators voted to begin 20 hours of debate on repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Casting aside Senate protocol, they agreed to move forward with a vote on health care legislation without even knowing which bill(s) they’ll be voting on.
- Jul 20, 2017 | CLASP Anti-Poverty Advocates Applaud Introduction of the Dream Act of 2017: Bill Provides a Path Forward for Immigrant Youth CLASP statement on Dream Act of 2017.
- Jul 13, 2017 | CLASP Economic Security for All at Stake in FY18 L-HHS Budget Statement from CLASP on the L-HHS budget for FY2018.
- Jun 22, 2017 | CLASP Senate Health Bill Would Slash Medicaid, Taking Health Care from Millions of Low-Income People CLASP statement on health care bill released by U.S. Senate Republicans.
- Jun 22, 2017 CLASP Statement on President Trump’s Renewed Attack on Immigrant Families CLASP responds to President Trump's speech that attacks immigrant families.
- Jun 22, 2017 San Francisco Leads on Fair Scheduling, But Better Enforcement Needed A new report from the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) and Young Workers United (YWU) finds that San Francisco’s groundbreaking “fair scheduling” law provides critical protections to workers but needs to be better enforced.
- May 24, 2017 CBO Report: Republican Health Bill Would Cut 14 Million People from Medicaid Today, the independent Congressional Budget Office released its updated “score” of the American Health Care Act which showed 23 million people would lose health coverage by 2026.
- May 23, 2017 Trump’s Budget Request: A devastating assault on ordinary Americans CLASP statement on the president's FY18 budget request.
- May 18, 2017 | National Immigration Law Center and UndocuBlack UndocuBlack and NILC Seek to Uncover the Truth Behind Trump Administration TPS Decision Civil Rights and Social Justice Groups to Urge the Trump Administration to Re-Authorize Temporary Protected Status for Haitians
- May 04, 2017 | CLASP Omnibus Bill Largely Averts Short-Term Crisis, Yet Threatening Clouds on the Horizon CLASP statement on passage of omnibus spending bill for the remaining five months of FY17.
- May 04, 2017 | CLASP House Votes to Take Away Health Coverage from Millions CLASP statement on passage by the U.S. House of Representatives of the American Health Care Act.
- Mar 24, 2017 | CLASP Withdrawal of AHCA Is Huge Victory for Hard-Working Americans CLASP statement on the withdrawal of the American Health Care Act.
- Mar 17, 2017 | CLASP President Trump’s budget poses grave danger to wellbeing of hard-working poor and low-income people—and the nation’s economy CLASP statement on President Trump's budget.
- Mar 15, 2017 | CLASP DeLauro and Murray Introduce Bill to Provide Paid Sick and Safe Days across the Nation CLASP statement on federal Health Families Act that would provide paid sick days to workers.