- Mar 23, 2017 | McClatchy Even conservatives wary of GOP’s work-for-Medicaid plan that could cut off new moms In this McClatchy article that appeared in about 30 newspapers across the country, Elizabeth Lower-Basch is quoted about how this addition to the AHCA is misguided and counterproductive.
- Mar 22, 2017 | McClatchy Trump tells GOP: Support this health bill or lose your seats Elizabeth Lower-Basch quoted about the work requirements provision for Medicaid added to the American Health Care Act.
- Mar 21, 2017 | NPR Medicaid Work Requirement Wouldn't Shrink Spending Much "'Forcing people to work as a condition of Medicaid doesn't help people to get jobs. It's a barrier to getting care,' says Elizabeth Lower-Basch, director of income and work supports at the Center for Law and Social Policy."
- Mar 24, 2017 Withdrawal of AHCA Is Huge Victory for Hard-Working Americans CLASP statement on the withdrawal of the American Health Care Act.
- Mar 17, 2017 President Trump’s budget poses grave danger to wellbeing of hard-working poor and low-income people—and the nation’s economy CLASP statement on President Trump's budget.
- Mar 15, 2017 DeLauro and Murray Introduce Bill to Provide Paid Sick and Safe Days across the Nation CLASP statement on federal Health Families Act that would provide paid sick days to workers.
- Mar 13, 2017 Pronita Gupta to Lead CLASP’s Job Quality Team Statement from Olivia Golden on the appointment of new director of CLASP's Job Quality team.
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: