- Jul 24, 2014 | 'POLICY AND POLITICAL SCHIZOPHRENIA ON STEROIDS': Critics Quickly Blast Paul Ryan's Big Plan To Defeat Poverty Elizabeth Lower-Basch is quoted in this report on Rep. Paul Ryan's poverty plan.
- Jul 24, 2014 | Poverty Experts Skeptical That Paul Ryan's Plan Can Actually Reduce Poverty This article analyzing Rep. Paul Ryan's poverty proposal includes comments from Elizabeth Lower-Basch and excerpt's from Olivia Golden's testimony at the War on Poverty hearings.
- Jul 22, 2014 | Whose Flexibility? New Legislation Addresses Need for Stable, Predictable Schedules
- Jul 22, 2014 New Bill Addresses Unfair Job Scheduling Practices U.S. Representatives George Miller (D-CA) and Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) and Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced the Schedules That Work Act in Congress.
- Jul 01, 2014 Alliance for Quality Career Pathways Releases Shared Vision, Strong Systems The Alliance for Quality Career Pathways (AQCP/the Alliance), a partnership of ten states together with CLASP, released its groundbreaking Shared Vision, Strong Systems: The Alliance for Quality Career Pathways Framework 1.0.
- May 23, 2014 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) a Critical Step Forward for U.S. Workers CLASP supports the proposed Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)—a bipartisan House-Senate effort to reauthorize the nation’s workforce development and adult education programs.
- Apr 17, 2014 Report: States’ Choices Decide if Former Foster Youth Get Healthcare A little-known Affordable Care Act (ACA) provision has the potential to improve the health of young adults who often have significant health care needs and are more likely to be uninsured than their peers: former foster youth.
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: