- Nov 26, 2014 | AAP News At risk in America Experts weigh in on how to lift children out of poverty, despite recent improvement Jodie Levin-Epstein is quoted in this article on child poverty.
- Nov 26, 2014 | Office of Mayor Bill de Blasio De Blasio Administration Announces Overhaul Of Workforce Development To Focus On Good-Paying Jobs, Skill-Building, And Strengthening New York City’s Economy David Socolow is quoted in this press release from the office of Mayor Bill de Blasio on career pathways.
- Nov 20, 2014 | Diverse Education Advocates Want Public Benefits for Low-Income Students on Table Amy Ellen Duke-Benfield is quoted in this article on public benefits for low-income students.
- Nov 17, 2014 US Senate Passes Major Child Care Bill Today, the U.S. Senate passed the House amendment to the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014, sending this important bill to the desk of President Obama for his signature.
- Sep 15, 2014 CLASP Applauds Congressional Action on Child Care Today, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014, as amended.
- Aug 13, 2014 New Director Tapped for Higher Education & Workforce Development Policy Center The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) is pleased to announce the appointment of David Socolow as director of the Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success.
- Jul 22, 2014 New Bill Addresses Unfair Job Scheduling Practices U.S. Representatives George Miller (D-CA) and Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) and Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced the Schedules That Work Act in Congress.
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: