- Aug 24, 2016 | Chronicle of Higher Education What Has Welfare Reform Meant for Students' Higher-Education Dreams? The law, signed 20 years ago today by President Bill Clinton, has had a complex impact on poverty—and on educational attainment, according to Amy Ellen Duke-Benfield, a senior policy analyst with the Center for Law and Social Policy.
- Aug 19, 2016 | Dayton Daily News Mixed result: Poverty persists despite assistance drop In this article about the 20th anniversary of TANF, CLASP is cited as a source for details about the program.
- Aug 19, 2016 | Chronicle of Higher Education How One College Helps Its Students Navigate the Maze of Social Services This article features CLASP's Benefits Access for College Completion project as an important model for helping low-income students.
- Jun 23, 2016 Statement: Split Supreme Court Leaves DAPA, Expanded DACA Hold in Place, Fails to Address Harm to Children Statement from CLASP on the case of U.S. v. Texas on DAPA/DACA
- Feb 17, 2016 New Analysis of Access to Child Care Subsidies, Head Start Finds Disparate Access by Race, Ethnicity, and State In a unique analysis released today, CLASP found that access to child care subsidies and Head Start is sharply limited for all eligible children, even more so for particular racial and ethnic groups and in particular states.
- Feb 11, 2016 CLASP Statement: President Obama’s Budget Invests in ‘Opportunity for All’
- Feb 08, 2016 Official Finding of Civil Rights Concerns in Mississippi Child Care Assistance Program Should Serve as a Call to Action in Mississippi and Nationally Statement from CLASP
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: