- Nov 18, 2014 | U.S News and World Report Child Care Grant Program to Sail Through Senate A CLASP report is cited in this article on the Senate's passage of the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act.
- Nov 17, 2014 | Philly.com First-Year Report Released on City's Plan to Combat Poverty Jodie Levin-Epstein was the keynote speaker at the Uniting to Fight Poverty Summit, at which Shared Prosperity Philidelphia, the city's plan to tackle the city's deep poverty rate, released its first progress report.
- Nov 13, 2014 | The Chronicle of Higher Education Forget the Rise in Tuition and Fees, What About Living Expenses? Amy Ellen Duke-Benfield is quoted in this article on the challenges posed by the high costs of college living expenses.
- Nov 17, 2014 US Senate Passes Major Child Care Bill Today, the U.S. Senate passed the House amendment to the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014, sending this important bill to the desk of President Obama for his signature.
- Sep 15, 2014 CLASP Applauds Congressional Action on Child Care Today, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 2014, as amended.
- Aug 13, 2014 New Director Tapped for Higher Education & Workforce Development Policy Center The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) is pleased to announce the appointment of David Socolow as director of the Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success.
- Jul 22, 2014 New Bill Addresses Unfair Job Scheduling Practices U.S. Representatives George Miller (D-CA) and Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) and Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) introduced the Schedules That Work Act in Congress.
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: