- Apr 21, 2015 | RH Reality Check Kansas Governor Takes ‘Punitive’ Action Against State Welfare Recipients Elizabeth Lower-Basch is quoted in this article on new welfare law in Kansas.
- Apr 17, 2015 | Al Jazeera America New Kansas welfare spending law is 'tax on the poor' Elizabeth Lower-Basch is quoted in this article on the new Kansas welfare law, which limits ATM cash withdrawals of benefits to $25.
- Apr 15, 2015 | The Nation If You Quit Your Job to Care For a Loved One, You Could Qualify for Unemployment Liz Ben-Ishai is quoted in this piece on unemployment insurance, which also cites a report by CLASP, NELP and AARP.
- Apr 09, 2015 Report: Family Caregivers Who Lose Jobs Due to Care Responsibilities Often Don’t Receive Jobless Aid Workers who lose their jobs due to caring for older, sick, or disabled family members are unlikely to receive unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. This is the case despite provisions in some states’ UI rules that are intended to address such situations.
- Mar 18, 2015 Family and Medical Leave Insurance Legislation Introduced in Congress
- Feb 12, 2015 On the Heels of State and Local Earned Sick Days Wins, Federal Bill is Re-Introduced Today, Members of Congress answered President Obama’s call for “a bill that gives every worker in America the opportunity to earn seven days of paid sick leave.”
- Feb 11, 2015 New Report Outlines How Federal Program Has Played a Central Role in Expanding Home Visiting Services to Vulnerable Families
CLASP's policy experts present at a wide variety of events, conferences, seminars and forums throughout the country. Following are upcoming CLASP staff presentations: