New CLASP.org Meets Threats and Opportunities
By Andy Beres
For decades, CLASP has provided policy solutions that help low-income people raise healthy families and thrive economically. Today, we’re redoubling that commitment with the launch of a new website.
Low-income people face greater threats than ever before in our history. President Trump’s proposals endanger the core federal programs that help people meet basic needs and access opportunity. They also threaten the safety and economic security of immigrants and their families and people of color more broadly.
We know our partners need the resources to fight back. There’s also surging demand for our practical work to help advocates, policymakers, and practitioners at the state and local levels advance a positive vision by lifting up promising practices that can help low-income people.
Our new website responds to these urgent needs. We’ve rebuilt it from the ground up to meet today’s threats and opportunities. Our new issues menu draws broad connections between policy areas while also enabling you to drill deep. The new search engine includes dozens of filters so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. And our new blog provides insight and commentary you won’t find anywhere else.
In launching the new website, we’ve pledged our commitment to:
- Fight back against federal threats. Now more than ever, misguided federal priorities threaten low-income people. Our new website collects in one easy-to-find place the publications, testimony, and other materials needed to combat dangerous proposals and advance a positive vision.
- Advance racial equity. Systemic racism denies opportunity to people of color, undermining their economic security. The new website brings together research and analysis to defend against threats and advance an agenda for people of color, including immigrants and their families.
- Get practical ideas into the hands of policymakers, organizers, and state and local advocates. CLASP’s deep relationships, trusted staff, and on-the-ground partners have made us a go-to source for people seeking allies to advance good ideas. Our new website includes a vastly improved search engine, making it easier than ever to find what you need.
- Address many dimensions of poverty. There’s no silver bullet to end poverty, so we attack it from many angles across multiple policy areas. The new website showcases these connections and spotlights new and expanded areas of work, such as health and mental health.
- Explain the big picture and get in the weeds. CLASP is your source for detailed information on specific policies. We provide expert analysis to inform your advocacy, strengthen legislation, and help state and local leaders create change on the ground. We also place these policies into a larger context to help media, thought leaders, organizers, and the public understand the big picture.
We’re more committed than ever to improving low-income people’s lives and achieving the dream of an equitable country where everyone has opportunity. Our new website is an important step to help make that dream real.