CLASP Supports Washington State’s 1115 Waiver Extension Request
CLASP submitted a public comment in support of Washington State’s request to CMS to renew the state’s Section 1115 Medicaid demonstration waiver renewal request, also known as the Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP 2.0). Washington’s continuous coverage proposals are exactly the type of policy experimentation for which section 1115 waivers are intended. We specifically applauded and lifted up the following portions of Washington’s proposed demonstration renewal:
- Multi-year continuous Apple Health enrollment for children
- Community health workers (CHWs) in pediatric primary care
- Apple Health postpartum coverage expansion
- Re-entry coverage and continuity of care for justice-involved populations
- Funding for focused health equity initiatives
CLASP supports Washington’s waiver renewal application and believes there is much to be learned from Washington’s proposal to better understand how continuous coverage impacts people’s lives and alleviates health inequities.