Senior Human Resources Manager | Finance & Human Resources Team
The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) is a national, nonpartisan, anti-poverty organization advancing policy solutions that work for people with low incomes and people of color. We advocate for public policies and programs at the federal, state, and local levels that reduce poverty, improve the lives of people with low incomes, and advance racial and economic justice. Our solutions directly address the barriers individuals and families face because of race, ethnicity, low income, and immigration status.
For more than 50 years, we have kept our vision alive through trusted expertise on policy and strategy, knowledgeable and committed staff, partnerships with directly impacted people and grassroots leaders, and approaches to economic and racial justice that are bold, innovative, and inclusive.
Within our broad anti-poverty mission, CLASP is organized around five policy teams: Child Care and Early Education; Education, Labor, and Worker Justice; Income and Work Supports; Immigration and Immigrant Families; and Youth Policy.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have the ability to be objective and evaluate the different aspects of a situation fairly and make an ethical decision that takes into account all aspects and critical components;
- Understand the needs, interests, strengths, and weaknesses of others, and how to use this information to contribute to the growth and development of others; and
- Are open to frequent interaction with others that requires a comfort level with juggling many balls in the air at the same time.
This strategic partner role will
- Align business objectives with organizational policies and procedures;
- Collaborate with other teams and advise on people-strategy matters that drive recruitment and retention, racial equity, diversity, inclusion, and compliance;
- Manage the human resources information software system, benefits administration, and performance management in collaboration with HR Coordinator
- Write correspondence (i.e., e-mails, memos) on varied topics for distribution to the staff at all organizational levels, interpret policy, prepare reports for internal decision-making, and prepare requests for proposals to secure new contracts; and,
- Verify the accuracy of data or information in reports following established procedures, respond to personnel management issues, lead and participate in meetings (internal and external), participate in the recruitment and hiring process while collaborating with the director of human resources on the HR team’s completion of tasks.
- Write and interpret company policies and develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company’s overall mission and vision
- Coach and collaborate on personnel management issues
- Supervisory experience and management and employee coaching
- Work with the director of human resources to understand and identify needs, goals, and staffing needs for the organization
- Monitor emerging issues in the employment law and regulations field to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Recommend best practices, policy changes, personnel management adjustments
- Manage HR office and staff work product
- Administer benefits (i.e., open enrollment, benefits consulting, billing, etc.)
- Write employee surveys and complete data analysis of findings
- Write correspondence on varied topics for distribution to employees at all organizational levels
- Write Requests for Proposals for vendor services
- Conduct interviews, verify employment information, and manage the onboarding, orientation training process, and offboarding process.
- Build out and manage the (HRIS) human resources information software system
- Other related duties as needed, identified, and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 8 years of HR work, policy interpretation, and training
- Experience supporting a multistate employee population
- Human Resources Information Software systems management and Microsoft Office
- HR Certification is a plus but not required
- Candidates must be based in Washington, D.C., or willing to relocate (Hybrid schedule is available to include four required days monthly in the office with a transportation allowance provided to employees)
We have a mandatory vaccine policy as a condition of employment (applicable accommodations apply).
Salary Range: $89,000 – $102,000
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, CLASP offers exceptional benefits, including several health insurances options, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, a 403(b)-retirement program, and flexible spending accounts, as well as generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid family and medical leave, and holiday schedules.
To express interest in the role, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior HR Manager”. All materials should be submitted in PDF format.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.