Human Resources Manager | Finance & Human Resources Team
The Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) is a national, nonpartisan, anti-poverty organization advancing policy solutions that work for people with low incomes and people of color. We advocate for public policies and programs at the federal, state and local levels that reduce poverty, improve the lives of people with low incomes and advance racial and economic justice. Our solutions directly address the barriers individuals and families face due to race, ethnicity, low income and immigration status.
For more than 50 years, we have kept our vision alive through trusted expertise on policy and strategy, knowledgeable and committed staff, partnerships with directly impacted people and grassroots leaders with approaches to economic and racial justice that are bold, innovative and inclusive.
Within our broad anti-poverty mission, CLASP is organized around five policy teams: Child Care and Early Education; Education, Labor, and Worker Justice; Income and Work Supports; Immigration and Immigrant Families; and Youth Policy.
About the Opportunity:
CLASP is seeking a detail-oriented Human Resources Manager who will oversee all duties in talent management, succession planning, exit interviews, recruitment and workforce planning. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for on-boarding, human resource information software systems (HRIS), benefits administration, compliance, employee relations and answering management questions across the organization’s departments.
In addition, the Human Resources Manager will undergo a comprehensive 90-day onboarding plan to understand all learning, performance and initiative goals of the organization while working with appropriate personnel as outlined in the CLASP Human Resources Department Reorganization Transition Plan.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to be objective, evaluate different aspects of a situation fairly and make an ethical decision taking into account all aspects and critical components. This includes understand the needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses of others while knowing how to use this information in order to contribute to the growth and development of others. The Human Resources Manager will be open to frequent interaction with others that requires a comfort level while multi-tasking many assignments at once.
Policy Implementation and Operations:
- Align business objectives with organizational policies and
- Collaborate with other teams and advise leadership on people-strategy matters that drive recruitment, retention, racial equity, diversity, inclusion and
- Manage human resources information software systems, benefits administration and performance management in collaboration with the Senior Human Resources
- Write correspondence (i.e., e-mails, memos) on varied topics for distribution to staff at all organizational levels.
- Interpret policy, prepare reports for internal decision making and prepare requests for proposals to secure new
- Verify accuracy of data or information in reports, follow establishing procedures, respond to personnel management issues, lead and participate in meetings (internal and external).
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process while collaborating with the Senior Human Resource Manager on the HR team’s completion of
Compliance and Management:
- Write and interpret company policies along with developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company’s overall mission and
- Coach and collaborate with leadership on personnel management
- Assist with management in employee
- Work with leadership to understand and identify needs, goals and staffing needs for their
- Monitor emerging issues in the employment law and regulations field to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local
- Recommend best practices, policy changes and personnel management
- Manage HR office and staff work
- Administer benefits (i.e., open enrollment, benefits consulting, billing, ).
- Write employee surveys and complete data analysis of
- Write correspondence on varied topics for distribution to employees at all organizational levels including requests on proposals for vendor
- Conduct interviews, verify employment information, manage the onboarding and orientation training process.
- Manage other related duties as needed, identified, and
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years of HR compliance work, policy interpretation and
- Experience supporting a multistate employee
- Excellent proficiency with Human Resources Information Software systems management and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with data collection and analysis of
- HR Certification is a plus but not required
- Candidates must be based in Washington, D.C. or willing to
We have a mandatory vaccine policy as a condition of employment (applicable accommodations apply).
Hybrid Work Policy:
CLASP’s hybrid workplace “short- term” policy means that hybrid employees will are expected to work remotely at least four days a month in the office at designated times discussed with their director or manager.
Salary Range: $73,000-83,000
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, CLASP offers exceptional benefits from several health insurances options that include dental, vision, life, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, a 403(b)- retirement program, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, paid sick, family and medical leave including holiday schedules.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
CLASP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter to “email@example.com” with “ CLASP Human Resources Manager – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.