Award-Winning Employers: State by State
Jan 29, 2010 | Lexer Quamie
CLASP has compiled a state-by-state listing of firms that have been recognized through national awards for their workplace policies. Those businesses that have been recognized for good business practices may be businesses to prioritize for paid leave campaigns and other initiatives. While few awards explicitly include paid sick days in their criteria, state and local campaigns may want to reach out to these award winners.
For CLASP's state-by-state listing, we compiled information from the following award givers for 2005 through 2009:
- American Rights at Work: Labor Day List
- Companies that Care Honor Roll
- Great Place to Work Institute
- Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards
- Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility
- Winning Workplaces Top Small Workplaces
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies
As you scroll over each state, you can determine:
- the name of the business receiving the award
- the name of the award giver
- the city in which the company is based
- the year(s) in which the company received the award
- and whether the company is local, regional, or national.
The map is simple to use:
- Hover over the state until the pointer changes to a hand
- Left-click on your mouse on the name of the state
- A box will appear to the right of the state listing the award information
The compiled listing of state-by-state firms allows users to sort by state, city, name of business, and award giver.
Please note, employers that have received an award but publicly oppose paid sick days will not be included in the map or underlying data table. We invite you to provide additional information about award recipients that may publicly oppose paid sick days.