Key Youth Legislation
- Feb 14, 2017 | Kisha Bird and Clarence Okoh The Fierce Urgency of Now: Employment Pathways for Boys and Young Men of Color Kisha Bird and Clarence Okoh presented at the Corps Network 2017 National Conference on the challenging employment landscape confronting young men of color and the role of connecting policy to practice as a means of realizing youth economic justice.
- Feb 01, 2017 | Nia West-Bey, Clarence Okoh, and Kisha Bird Realizing Youth Justice: Guiding Principles for Advocates in the Trump Era This report outlines four key principles that advocates and policymakers should consider when advancing justice reform. Collectively they point towards using systemic investments in health, education and workforce as an anti-incarceration strategy.
- Dec 07, 2016 | Nia West Bey and Clarence Okoh Realizing Youth Justice Presentation
- Aug 16, 2016 | CLASP 2013-2014 Bi-Annual Report CLASP's bi-annual report highlights key work and legislative wins from 2013 and 2014.
- Aug 03, 2016 | CLASP CLASP Comments on Proposed ESSA Regulations CLASP's comments emphasize ESSA provisions that support efforts to prevent students from dropping out of high school and reengage out-of-school youth, as well as promote alignment with the bi-partisan Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Jun 20, 2016 | Nia West-Bey Unrealized Justice: Young Women and Men of Color Disparities in school discipline, juvenile justice involvement, and community victimization are driving far too many young men and women of color into—or deeper into—the criminal justice system.
- Apr 21, 2016 | Kisha Bird and Nia West-Bey Every Student Succeeds Act Primer: High School Dropout Prevention and Reengagement of Out-of-School Youth
- Mar 19, 2015 | Kisha Bird (CLASP), Melissa Young (Heartland Alliance’s National Initiatives on Poverty & Economic Opportunity), Chris Warland (Heartland Alliance’s National Initiatives on Poverty & Economic Opportunity), Jamie Fountain (Larkin Street Youth Services) Developing Pathways Out of Poverty through Transitional Jobs: Expanding Opportunities to Help Low-Income Workers CLASP and the National Transitional Jobs Network (an initiative of Heartland Alliance’s National Initiatives on Poverty & Economic Opportunity) held a webinar on March 19, 2015 that discussed effective strategies for transitional jobs for young adults.
- Sep 29, 2014 | Kisha Bird, Marcie Foster, and Evelyn Ganzglass New Opportunities to Improve Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: Key Provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) CLASP's summary of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) focuses on opportunities for improving services to low-income youth and adults under Title I and Title II.