Policy Analyst - Paid Sick Days
January 19, 2010
CLASP's efforts around paid leave are a part of its focus on job quality.
Job Responsibilities. The Policy Analyst will work directly with the Deputy Director of CLASP, who leads CLASP's work to secure public policies that will ensure all workers in America receive paid leave. The Policy Analyst contributes to CLASP's paid leave efforts generally, and particularly to our project to publically engage employers who support paid sick days laws. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing a plan for identifying and engaging businesses in support of paid sick days laws and policies in the states;
- Conducting business outreach to identify supporters of paid sick days;
- Working with staff of colleague organizations to effectively integrate business supporters into state advocacy campaigns around paid sick days;
- Providing issue information and education to Congressional staff to foster greater understanding about the need for paid sick days;
- Preparing business supporters to voice their views through such means as oral and written testimony, op-eds, and media appearances;
- Researching and publishing background materials for use by business supporters and other advocates around paid sick days;
- Researching and disseminating materials surrounding paid time off and related topics that will inform the paid sick days debate;
- Managing a database of business supporters for paid sick days;
- Representing CLASP at public meetings and strategy meetings of colleague organizations;
- Drafting CLASP op-eds about paid sick days and the role of business leaders;
- Tracking and reporting on project activities for internal and external purposes; identifying funding opportunities for continued project support.
Job Qualifications include:
- Experience in, or a strong interest in, improving the lives of low-income individuals and families through policy changes at the federal, state and local levels;
- Professional and effective written and oral communication;
- Excellent time management and team-building relationship skills;
- Evidence of political instincts and/or advocacy skills;
- Ownership of a business or experience in working with businesses preferred;
- Media/communications background a plus.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. CLASP offers exceptional benefits, including several health insurance options, dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, long term care insurance, a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please send a resume, writing sample, references, and a cover letter via email@example.com
or mail to:
1015 15th Street, N.W., Suite 400
Washington DC, 20005
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are particularly encouraged to apply. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.