Webinar: Unpacking the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
June 03, 2014
On June 3, from 1:00 – 2:30, national experts from four leading organizations will come together to unpack the recently introduced Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and what it means for the nation. Sign up now for this webinar to hear from:
- Rachel Gragg, Federal Policy Director, National Skills Coalition
- Neil Ridley, Senior Policy Analyst and Interim Workforce Development Co-Director, CLASP
- James Huettig, Policy Analyst, National Youth Employment Coalition
- Jennifer Wang, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Young Invincibles
- Rachel Zinn, Director, Workforce Data Quality Campaign
Last week, House and Senate leaders introduced WIOA, bipartisan, bicameral legislation reauthorizing the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through 2020. The House and Senate are expected to pass this legislation in the coming weeks.
Participants will have a chance to ask questions and hear comprehensive analysis of the bill including: overview and Title I (occupational training); Title II (adult basic education); youth issues; and data and accountability provisions.
To register, click here.