Key Youth Legislation
CLASP actively submits comments, recommendations, and testimony to the Administration and Congress to advance policies and investments intended to dramatically improve the education, economic, and life outcomes for vulnerable and disconnected youth.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Budget and Appropriations
Pending or Proposed Legislation
Apr 21, 2016 | PERMALINK »
Every Student Succeeds Act Primer: High School Dropout Prevention and Reengagement of Out-of-School Youth
CLASP recently partnered with the Alliance for Excellent Education and the National Youth Employment Coalition to develop a brief that outlines several key provisions in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) that can support states and districts in preventing students from dropping out of high school and reengaging out-of-school youth and makes important linkages to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. ESSA provides an opportunity for education leaders to partner with workforce leaders and other stakeholders to implement strategies that focus on struggling students and vulnerable youth. For the full brief please click here.
- Kisha Bird, Anna Cielinski, Judy Mortrude, and David Socolow | Apr 17, 2015 Promoting Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: A Preview of the Proposed WIOA Regulations
- Kisha Bird, Marcie Foster, and Evelyn Ganzglass | Sep 29, 2014 WIOA Creates New Opportunities to Improve Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults
- Nia West-Bey | Jun 20, 2016 Unrealized Justice: Young Women and Men of Color
- Kisha Bird and Nia West-Bey | Apr 21, 2016 Every Student Succeeds Act Primer: High School Dropout Prevention and Reengagement of Out-of-School Youth
- Kisha Bird, Marcie Foster, and Evelyn Ganzglass | Sep 29, 2014 New Opportunities to Improve Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: Key Provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)