All Featured Highlights: Youth
- Jul 02, 2015 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Summer 2015 Edition The CLASP Youth Team's bi-monthly newsletter on legislation, resources, community spotlight, and happenings to watch.
- Jun 15, 2015 | Kisha Bird, David J. Socolow CLASP Comments on WIOA Title I Proposed Regulations CLASP Comments to the Department of Labor on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Proposed Regulations.
- Jun 05, 2015 | Rhonda Bryant Course, Counselor, and Teacher Gaps: Addressing the College Readiness Challenge in High-Poverty High Schools
May 28, 2015
| Barry Shaffer
The Changing Landscape of High School Equivalency in the U.S.: Options, Issues, and Improvement Strategies
This report identifies the most significant changes that have occurred in high school equivalency since 2014 and explores challenges and issues that low-income individuals face as a direct result of these HSE changes.
- Feb 16, 2015 | Kisha Bird, Rhonda Tsoi-A-Fatt Bryant, Stephanie Schmit ESEA Reauthorization: Challenges & Opportunities
- Apr 17, 2015 | Kisha Bird, Anna Cielinski, Judy Mortrude, and David Socolow Promoting Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: A Preview of the Proposed WIOA Regulations This paper summarizes several key priority topics in the proposed WIOA regulations to help state and local policymakers, advocates, and practitioners leverage opportunities.
- Feb 20, 2015 | Rhonda Bryant College Preparation for African American Students: Gaps in the High School Educational Experience With the changing labor market and a more globalized economy, a far greater number of jobs require a postsecondary credential. However, many African American young people graduate unprepared for the rigors of college.
Apr 02, 2015
| Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Draft Regulations Released
Draft regulations to implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) were posted to the Federal Register website.
- Feb 04, 2015 | Kisha Bird and Rhonda Bryant The President’s Budget: Select Investments In Education and Employment Pathways for Vulnerable Youth
- Nov 20, 2014 | CLASP Youth Team Our Youth, Our Economy, Our Future: A Road Map for Investing in the Nation's Talent Pipeline
- Sep 29, 2014 | Kisha Bird, Marcie Foster, and Evelyn Ganzglass WIOA Creates New Opportunities to Improve Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults CLASP's summary of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) focuses on opportunities for improving services to low-income youth and adults under Title I and Title II.
- Sep 17, 2014 | Helly Lee and Andrea Barnes EITC Expansion Proposals: What’s at Stake for Young Workers
Sep 15, 2014
| Kisha Bird
Opportunity Says It All: How Five Communities Are Supporting the Transformation, Education and Employment Success of Young Black Men
This report describes how select stakeholders in five communities articulate and define success for disconnected and off-track young black men; discusses how communities have designed interventions and supportive policies for disconnected and off-track youth; lays out successful approaches and interventions that attract young men into programs and offers examples that address the needs of young black men; and highlights barriers to employment faced by young black men and the strategies utilized by workforce systems and programs to get them employed.
- May 30, 2014 | CLASP Youth Team Investing in Boys and Young Men of Color: The Promise and Opportunity
- Aug 25, 2014 | Andrew Mulinge KIDS COUNT Report Underscores Need for Holistic Approach to Supporting Child Well-Being Latest KIDS COUNT report uses holistic methodology to evaluate current state of child-well being across the country.
- Jul 23, 2014 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Summer 2014 Edition The CLASP Youth Team's bi-monthly newsletter on legislation, resources, community spotlight, and happenings to watch.
- Jun 26, 2014 | Kisha Bird Workforce Reauthorization Passes Senate, Potential Game Changer for Low-Income Youth On June 26, the Senate passed the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). WIOA includes a number of improvements to ensure low-income workers-- youth and adults-- have the skills and support for full participation in the American workforce.
- Jun 25, 2014 | CLASP Issue Brief: Focus on Healthy Communities
- Jun 10, 2014 | CLASP Issue Brief: Focus on Employment
- Jun 10, 2014 | CLASP Issue Brief: Focus on Education