All Featured Highlights: Youth
- Apr 21, 2016 | CLASP Youth Team Every Student Succeeds Act Primer: High School Dropout Prevention and Reengagement of Out-of-School Youth
- Apr 04, 2016 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Spring 2016
- Mar 30, 2016 | Andrea Amaechi In 2016, Key Wins for Justice-Involved Youth, but More Work Ahead
- Mar 04, 2016 | Clarence Okoh Bridging the Gap Between Student Parents and Public Benefits Student parents pursue higher education to secure a better future for themselves and their children.
- Feb 26, 2016 | Kisha Bird and Clarence Okoh New Report Shows Significance of Summer Youth Employment For many young people, early work experience is a touchstone on the path to continuous gainful employment.
- Dec 17, 2015 | Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success and CLASP Youth Team Congress Considers Bill with Increases in Funding for Education and Training Programs that Serve Low-income Youth and Adults This week, the U.S. House and Senate are considering an omnibus funding bill for FY 2016 (the fiscal year that began on October 1.
- Dec 18, 2015 | Clarence Okoh and Christina Walker The Potential of ESSA to Support Low-income Young Children and Disconnected Youth Last week, President Obama signed the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) or No Child Left Behind Act.
- Nov 04, 2015 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Fall 2015 Edition The CLASP Youth Team's bi-monthly newsletter on legislation, resources, community spotlight, and happenings to watch.
- Oct 27, 2015 | Elizabeth Lower-Basch Young Adults and TANF: Rethinking Work Activities
Sep 28, 2015
| Kisha Bird
Eligibility Determination for Out-of-School Youth: Making it Easier for Out-Of-School Youth to Access Services
States can establish a state-wide policy that promotes self-attestation and self-certification as acceptable—and preferable—for upfront eligibility determination of out-of-school youth in "high-risk" categories.
Sep 28, 2015
| Kisha Bird
Youth Governance: Strengthening and Maintaining Youth Committees to Improve Services for Youth
These strategic planning entities are critical to directly link youth stakeholders and experts to decision making about funding and resource allocation, service implementation, performance measures, and reporting.
- Jul 16, 2015 | Kisha Bird Investing in Young Men of Color as Community Assets
- Jul 02, 2015 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Summer 2015 Edition The CLASP Youth Team's bi-monthly newsletter on legislation, resources, community spotlight, and happenings to watch.
- Jun 15, 2015 | Kisha Bird, David J. Socolow CLASP Comments on WIOA Title I Proposed Regulations CLASP Comments to the Department of Labor on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Proposed Regulations.
- Jun 05, 2015 | Rhonda Bryant Course, Counselor, and Teacher Gaps: Addressing the College Readiness Challenge in High-Poverty High Schools
May 28, 2015
| Barry Shaffer
The Changing Landscape of High School Equivalency in the U.S.: Options, Issues, and Improvement Strategies
This report identifies the most significant changes that have occurred in high school equivalency since 2014 and explores challenges and issues that low-income individuals face as a direct result of these HSE changes.
- Feb 16, 2015 | Kisha Bird, Rhonda Tsoi-A-Fatt Bryant, Stephanie Schmit ESEA Reauthorization: Challenges & Opportunities
- Apr 17, 2015 | Kisha Bird, Anna Cielinski, Judy Mortrude, and David Socolow Promoting Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: A Preview of the Proposed WIOA Regulations This paper summarizes several key priority topics in the proposed WIOA regulations to help state and local policymakers, advocates, and practitioners leverage opportunities.
- Feb 20, 2015 | Rhonda Bryant College Preparation for African American Students: Gaps in the High School Educational Experience With the changing labor market and a more globalized economy, a far greater number of jobs require a postsecondary credential. However, many African American young people graduate unprepared for the rigors of college.
Apr 02, 2015
| Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Draft Regulations Released
Draft regulations to implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) were posted to the Federal Register website.