All Featured Highlights: Youth
- Oct 13, 2016 | Clarence Okoh and Andrea Amaechi Realizing Youth Justice: Recent Legislative Updates
- Nov 10, 2016 | Kisha Bird and Clarence Okoh Employment Pathways for Boys and Young Men of Color This brief discusses promising strategies to improve employment outcomes for young men of color and the role of public policy in dismantling discrimination and promoting pathways to work.
- Nov 10, 2016 | Kisha Bird and Mabari Byrd Building Leaders: Reflections from a PowerCorps PHL Leader Earlier this year, we had the opportunity to present together at the 3rd Annual Cities United national convening in Birmingham, Alabama about employment pathways for opportunity youth.
- Aug 04, 2016 | Nia West-Bey CLASP Submits Comments on Proposed Regulations to Promote Accountability for Vulnerable and Out-of-School Youth under ESSA
- Jul 29, 2016 | CLASP Youth Team Continuing the Conversation on Youth Justice: Interview with Philadelphia’s 900AM – WURD
- Jul 06, 2016 | Clarence Okoh Supreme Court Upholds Race-Conscious Admissions for Higher Education
- Jun 28, 2016 | Nia West-Bey California Uncapped: Maximum Family Grant Repeal is a Win for Low-income Families
- May 11, 2016 | Nia West Bey Using a Two-Generation Lens to Tackle Harmful Policies: California’s MFG Applying a two-generation framework to lifting families out of poverty requires addressing the needs of children and parents together as a family.
- May 11, 2016 | Andrea Amaechi and Suzanne Wikle Medicaid is Critical Support for Citizens Re-entering their Communities from Incarceration With efforts like “ban the box,” restoration of voting rights, and “Second Chance Pell” grants, the tide is turning for people re-entering communities after incarceration.
- Apr 21, 2016 | CLASP Youth Team Every Student Succeeds Act Primer: High School Dropout Prevention and Reengagement of Out-of-School Youth
- Apr 04, 2016 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Spring 2016
- Mar 30, 2016 | Andrea Amaechi In 2016, Key Wins for Justice-Involved Youth, but More Work Ahead
- Mar 04, 2016 | Clarence Okoh Bridging the Gap Between Student Parents and Public Benefits Student parents pursue higher education to secure a better future for themselves and their children.
- Feb 26, 2016 | Kisha Bird and Clarence Okoh New Report Shows Significance of Summer Youth Employment For many young people, early work experience is a touchstone on the path to continuous gainful employment.
- Dec 18, 2015 | Clarence Okoh and Christina Walker The Potential of ESSA to Support Low-income Young Children and Disconnected Youth Last week, President Obama signed the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) or No Child Left Behind Act.
- Dec 17, 2015 | Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success and CLASP Youth Team Congress Considers Bill with Increases in Funding for Education and Training Programs that Serve Low-income Youth and Adults This week, the U.S. House and Senate are considering an omnibus funding bill for FY 2016 (the fiscal year that began on October 1.
- Nov 04, 2015 | CLASP Youth Team Keeping Connected Fall 2015 Edition The CLASP Youth Team's bi-monthly newsletter on legislation, resources, community spotlight, and happenings to watch.
- Oct 27, 2015 | Elizabeth Lower-Basch Young Adults and TANF: Rethinking Work Activities
Sep 28, 2015
| Kisha Bird
Eligibility Determination for Out-of-School Youth: Making it Easier for Out-Of-School Youth to Access Services
States can establish a state-wide policy that promotes self-attestation and self-certification as acceptable—and preferable—for upfront eligibility determination of out-of-school youth in "high-risk" categories.
Sep 28, 2015
| Kisha Bird
Youth Governance: Strengthening and Maintaining Youth Committees to Improve Services for Youth
These strategic planning entities are critical to directly link youth stakeholders and experts to decision making about funding and resource allocation, service implementation, performance measures, and reporting.