All Featured Highlights: Work/Life and Job Quality
- Nov 15, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Voters Increase Minimum Wage, Guarantee Paid Sick Time for Millions of Workers While the public has been focused on the presidential race, last week’s election also included ballot initiatives affecting millions of working people.
- Oct 06, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Over 1 Million Workers to Receive Expanded Access to Paid Sick Days under New Federal Rule Last week, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released its final rule implementing President Obama’s executive order (EO) enabling employees of federal contractors to earn paid sick days beginning in January 2017.
- Aug 10, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel and Liz Ben-Ishai Buenos Empleos: Latinos' Limited Access to Quality Jobs
Oct 11, 2016
| CLASP and NPWF
New & Expanded Employer Paid Family Leave Policies
The National Partnership for Women & Families and the Center for Law and Social Policy are excited to release “New & Expanded Employer Paid Family Leave Policies,” which details new paid family leave policies announced in 2015 by high-profile companies.
- Aug 09, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Seattle Scheduling Survey Shows Racial Disparities, Significant Hardship, and Need for Public Policy Solutions
- Aug 04, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Support Breastfeeding with Public Policy
- Aug 03, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Public Policies to Support Breastfeeding: Paid Family Leave and Workplace Lactation Accommodations
- May 23, 2016 | David Socolow Leveraging Workforce Training Funds to Promote Job Quality Presentation at “Building Workforce Partnerships” Conference on how workforce programs can support high-road employers offering decent wages and benefits, fair paid leave and scheduling, upskilling and advancement, and respect for workers' voice.
- May 03, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai On the Clock in California: Volatile Schedules in California Retail Jobs
- Apr 20, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai L.A. Sick Days Victory Packs Equity Punch
- Apr 15, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Attorneys General: On-Call Shifts are Not a Business Necessity
- Apr 08, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Chamber of Commerce Members Support Job Quality Legislation
- Apr 06, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai and Rick McHugh Unemployment Insurance Rules Often Leave Workers With Volatiles Schedules Behind
- Mar 24, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel, translated by Emma Paine Los Beneficios de Los Días de Enfermedad Pagados Para Empleadores y Negocios
- Mar 24, 2016 | By Zoe Ziliak Michel, Translated by Emma Paine La Healthy Families Act (HFA): Un Resumen Para Los Empleadores y Negocios Sobre Los Días de Enfermedad Pagados
- Mar 31, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel and Liz Ben-Ishai Good Jobs for All: Racial Inequities in Job Quality
- Mar 08, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai On International Women’s Day, U.S. Labor Policies Lag Behind Other Nations
- Feb 05, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai On FMLA Anniversary, Bill Clinton’s Words Ring More True Than Ever
- Feb 03, 2016 | Jodie Levin-Epstein Giving Retail Workers the Gift of Standards for Job Schedules
- Feb 03, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Don’t be Fooled: Paid Sick Time Laws Don’t Cost Jobs