All Featured Highlights: Work/Life and Job Quality
- Apr 25, 2017 | Liz Ben-Ishai CLASP Testimony Re: the State of Workers’ Rights in New York City Testimony by Liz Ben-Ishai for the Public Hearing on the State of Workers’ Rights in New York City on April 25, 2017.
- Apr 25, 2017 | Olivia Golden CLASP Testimony Opposing the Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017 Testimony in opposition to the Working Families Flexibility Act (H.R. 1180/S. 801) of 2017.
- Mar 30, 2017 | Liz Ben-Ishai New Poll Shows Overwhelming Small Business Support for FAMILY Act
- Feb 15, 2017 | Liz Ben-Ishai CLASP Testimony in Support of Expanding Job Protection to Caregivers - SB 63 Testimony from senior policy analyst Liz Ben-Ishai in support of expanding job protection to caregivers (Senate Bill 63).
- Feb 15, 2017 | Liz Ben-Ishai CLASP Testimony in Support of Expanding Job Protection to Caregivers - SB 62 Testimony from senior policy analyst Liz Ben-Ishai in support of expanding job protection to caregivers (Senate Bill 62).
Feb 07, 2017
| Liz Ben-Ishai
FAMILY Act rides wave of momentum into Congress
The Family and Medical Insurance Leave (FAMILY) Act rides into Congress on an impressive wave of federal, state, local, and corporate momentum. The bill, which would create a national social insurance program enabling workers to take up to 12 weeks of partially paid leave to welcome a new child, care for a seriously ill family member, or recover from their own illnesses, was reintroduced today in the wake of new developments.
Jan 27, 2017
| Liz Ben-Ishai
The Family and Medical Insurance Leave (FAMILY) Act: An FAQ for Businesses
This FAQ addresses how the Family and Medical Leave Insurance Leave (FAMILY) Act would impact businesses.
Oct 11, 2016
| CLASP and NPWF
New & Expanded Employer Paid Family Leave Policies
The National Partnership for Women & Families and the Center for Law and Social Policy are excited to release “New & Expanded Employer Paid Family Leave Policies,” which details new paid family leave policies announced in 2015 by high-profile companies.
- Jan 13, 2017 | Zoe Ziliak Michel The Business Benefits of Paid Sick Days in Maryland Maryland business owners should support the Healthy Working Families Act. Providing paid sick days reduces turnover and prevents sickness in the workplace without increasing business costs.
- Jan 13, 2017 | CLASP All Labor that Uplifts Humanity has Dignity and Importance A CLASP infographic describes key racial disparities in access to job quality and proposes public policy solutions to support equality.
- Jan 12, 2017 | Zoe Ziliak Michel CKE Workers Oppose their Boss’s Nomination as Secretary of Labor
- Dec 20, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel DC Passes Nation’s Most Progressive Paid Family and Medical Leave Law
- Dec 09, 2016 Poverty and Involuntary Part-Time Work: A Spotlight and CLASP Audio Conference Listen to and view the transcript of the December 9th audio conference about the data on poverty and involuntary part-time work.
- Nov 15, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Voters Increase Minimum Wage, Guarantee Paid Sick Time for Millions of Workers While the public has been focused on the presidential race, last week’s election also included ballot initiatives affecting millions of working people.
- Oct 06, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel Over 1 Million Workers to Receive Expanded Access to Paid Sick Days under New Federal Rule Last week, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released its final rule implementing President Obama’s executive order (EO) enabling employees of federal contractors to earn paid sick days beginning in January 2017.
- Aug 10, 2016 | Zoe Ziliak Michel and Liz Ben-Ishai Buenos Empleos: Latinos' Limited Access to Quality Jobs
- Aug 09, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Seattle Scheduling Survey Shows Racial Disparities, Significant Hardship, and Need for Public Policy Solutions
- Aug 04, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Support Breastfeeding with Public Policy
- Aug 03, 2016 | Liz Ben-Ishai Public Policies to Support Breastfeeding: Paid Family Leave and Workplace Lactation Accommodations
- May 23, 2016 | David Socolow Leveraging Workforce Training Funds to Promote Job Quality Presentation at “Building Workforce Partnerships” Conference on how workforce programs can support high-road employers offering decent wages and benefits, fair paid leave and scheduling, upskilling and advancement, and respect for workers' voice.