Policy Areas for Action
Apr 2, 2015 | PERMALINK »
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Draft Regulations Released
By Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success
Today, draft regulations to implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) were posted to the Federal Register website. WIOA is the first update to the nation’s core workforce training programs since the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) 16 years ago. The draft regulations mark an important milestone in WIOA implementation. They come in five parts, known as Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), that each address different aspects of the law:
- Unified and Combined State Plans, Performance Accountability, and the One-Stop System Joint Provisions (Joint DOL/ED);
- Remaining Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act provisions administered by DOL;
- Title II Adult Education and Literacy administered by ED;
- Title IV Vocational Rehabilitation administered by ED; and
- Miscellaneous Program Changes administered by ED.
The regulations will be published to the Federal Register on April 16, 2015. At that point, the public can submit comments at www.regulations.gov for 60 days. The Departments plan to analyze these public comments and anticipate issuing Final Rules implementing WIOA in early 2016. We encourage stakeholders at the state and local levels committed to advancing opportunities for low-income youth and adults with barriers to economic success to submit comments.
CLASP looks forward to carefully reviewing the draft regulations and providing analysis to the field and comments to the Departments on ways to best serve low-income and lower-skilled youth and adults through WIOA.
Don’t miss CLASP’s WIOA Game Plan for Low-Income People, which includes strategies to implement the law and help low-income families and individuals climb the economic ladder.
Learn More About the Alliance for Quality Career Pathways
- Apr 17, 2015 Promoting Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: A Preview of the Proposed WIOA Regulations
- Judy Mortrude | Apr 07, 2015 Studies Confirm Favorable Long-term Impacts for Adult Basic Education Program Participants
- Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success | Apr 02, 2015 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Draft Regulations Released
- Katherine Saunders | Mar 19, 2015 Mixed Enrollment Status: Favorable for Non-First-Time Student Degree Completion
- Judy Mortrude | Mar 12, 2015 Career Pathways: More Information Still Needed
- Kisha Bird, Anna Cielinski, Judy Mortrude, and David Socolow | Apr 17, 2015 Promoting Economic and Career Success for Low-Income Youth and Adults: A Preview of Key Provisions in the Proposed WIOA Regulations
- Katherine Saunders and Elizabeth Lower-Basch | Apr 01, 2015 Education Tax Credits: Refundability Critical to Making Credits Helpful to Low-Income Students and Families
- Feb 25, 2015 Funding Career Pathways: A Federal Funding Toolkit for State and Local/Regional Career Pathway Partnerships
- Anna Cielinski and Tim Harmon | Feb 19, 2015 CLASP Comments on the College Ratings System Draft Framework
- Helly Lee | Feb 05, 2015 WIOA: What Human Service Agencies and Advocates Need to Know