All Featured Highlights
- Jun 12, 2009 | Michelle Vinson and Vicki Turetsky State Child Support Pass-Through Policies This chart lists all 50 states and the District of Columbias child support pass-through and income disregard policies as of June 2009.
- Feb 13, 2009 How Much Restored Child Support Funding Will States Receive Under the Recovery Act The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes $1 billion to temporarily suspend a provision in the Deficit Reduction Act of 2006 that reduced federal child support funding by 20 percent.
- Jul 09, 2008 | Vicki Turetsky The Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act of 2007 The legislation would address child support child support distribution and arrears management; expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for non-custodial parents paying child support; and increase funding for domestic violence activities in marriage and fatherhood and employment programs.
- Aug 10, 2009 | Vicki Turetsky Debtors' Prison--Prisoners' Accumulation of Debt as a Barrier to Reentry This paper describes the types of criminal financial sanctions levied against people as they make their way through the criminal justice system and the child support policies that lead to unrealistic and counterproductive payment obligations.
- Mar 01, 2007 | Vicki Turetsky Staying in Jobs and Out of the Underground