All Featured Highlights: Child Care Subsidies
- Mar 15, 2017 | Christine Johnson-Staub and Hannah Matthews CCDBG: A Critical Support for Working Families
- Jan 12, 2017 | Christina Walker and Hannah Matthews CCDBG Participation Drops to Historic Low
- Mar 15, 2017 | Christina Walker and Stephanie Schmit A Closer Look At Latino Access to Subsidies
- Jan 12, 2017 | Anitha Mohan Fewer Children, Fewer Providers
- Oct 31, 2016 Final Rule Implementing CCDBG Act of 2014 Includes Important Provisions to Support Low-Income Families
- Oct 31, 2016 | Christina Walker and Hannah Matthews Declining TANF Child Care Spending Underscores Need for Major Child Care Investment
- Apr 12, 2016 | Hannah Matthews and Christina Walker Child Care Assistance Spending and Participation in 2014
- Feb 17, 2016 | Stephanie Schmit and Christina Walker Disparate Access: Head Start and CCDBG Data by Race and Ethnicity
- Dec 04, 2015 TANF Spending on Child Care Up Slightly in 2014 According to 2014 data on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, states spent slightly more TANF funds on child care assistance than they did the previous year.
Jun 09, 2015
Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: State by State Fact Sheets
CLASP and NWLC's Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: A Guide for States provides a comprehensive review of the implementation issues that states will face around the CCDBG Act. This series of fact sheets from CLASP and NWLC summarize state-specific information related to the new law’s requirements.
Apr 01, 2015
| HANNAH MATTHEWS (CLASP), KAREN SCHULMAN (NWLC), JULIE VOGTMAN (NWLC), CHRISTINE JOHNSON-STAUB (CLASP), AND HELEN BLANK (NWLC)
Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: A Guide for States
This guide, written jointly by CLASP and NWLC, is designed to help policymakers and advocates gain a better understanding of what is entailed in fully implementing the law.
- Jun 08, 2015 | Child Care and Early Education Child Care Assistance: A Vital Support for Working Families This fact sheet provides an overview of the research showing why child care assistance is so important to low-income, vulnerable families.
- Mar 30, 2015 | Stephanie Schmit and Rhiannon Reeves Child Care Assistance in 2013 This brief provides analysis of national trends for spending and participation in CCDBG- and TANF-funded child care in federal fiscal year 2013, based on the most recent state data available from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Mar 13, 2015 | Hannah Matthews and Christine Johnson-Staub An Introduction to CCDBG Reauthorization CCDBG reauthorization establishes many new requirements for states, providing an opportunity to envision a new system which improves the quality of care, protects the health and safety of children, and allows families to access assistance more easily.
- Mar 02, 2015 | HELEN BLANK (NWLC), KAREN SCHULMAN (NWLC), JULIE VOGTMAN (NWLC), HANNAH MATTHEWS (CLASP), CHRISTINE JOHNSON-STAUB (CLASP) Comments on the FY 2016-2018 Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) State/Territory Plan Preprint CLASP and NWLC general comments and recommendations for the FY 2016-2018 Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) preprint.
- Nov 19, 2014 | LIZ BEN-ISHAI AND HANNAH MATTHEWS Federal Legislation to Improve Job Schedules and Child Care Access for Low-Wage Workers This fact sheet highlights key provisions that would improve working parents’ access to quality child care.
- Oct 27, 2014 | Hannah Matthews Child Care and Development Block Grant Participation at a 15-Year Low Participation in the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) has fallen for the third consecutive year to a 15-year low. Fewer children were served in 2013 than in 1998.
Jul 24, 2014
| Hannah Matthews and Christina Walker
Child Care Assistance: Helping Parents Work and Children Succeed
Quality child care enables parents to work or go to school while also providing young children with the early childhood education experiences needed for healthy development. The Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) is the primary federal program that provides funding for child care assistance for low-income working parents. Child care assistance is a vital public investment that increases the sustainability of employment for low-income parents and provides stability for parents struggling to gain economic security. It also allows many parents to access higher quality care than they could otherwise afford.
- Mar 27, 2014 | Liz Ben-Ishai, Hannah Matthews and Jodie Levin-Epstein Scrambling for Stability: The Challenges of Job Schedule Volatility and Child Care CLASP brief explores the relationship between job scheduling and child care.
- Aug 26, 2014 | Hannah Matthews and Rhiannon Reeves Child Care and Development Block Grant Participation in 2012 Based on preliminary state-reported data from the federal Office of Child Care, this fact sheet provides a snapshot of CCDBG program participation in 2012, noting the great variability in child care assistance programs among states.