CLASP Webinar on Extending Home Visiting to FFN and FCC
Apr 19, 2010
On Monday, April 19, CLASP hosted a webinar, Extending Home Visiting to Family, Friend, and Neighbor Caregivers and Family Child Care Providers. Elizabeth Hoffmann presented findings from CLASP's interview project with national models and other stakeholders, such as detailed considerations for implementing home visiting with FFN and FCC, including matters of curricula, staffing, and service referral. The webinar also reviewed opportunities that result from serving FFN and FCC, such as serving more at-risk, hard-to-reach children and families, and improving the consistency and quality in care that children experience.
CLASP has several recommendations for states, including:
- Expand state home visiting investments to reach more children and caregivers
- Prioritize coordination of services to settings where vulnerable children are
- Facilitate links between home visiting and other state services/programs for vulnerable families and caregivers
- Include home visiting in state Early Childhood Advisory Councils
- Connect home visiting and Early Head Start
For more information, download the webinar slides. We will post an audio file and transcript as they become available.
Please contact Elizabeth Hoffmann with any questions on this material, at email@example.com.
This webinar was made possible by generous support from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.