All Featured Highlights: Child Care and Early Education
- Jan 12, 2017 | Anitha Mohan Fewer Children, Fewer Providers: Trends in CCDBG Participation
- Jan 12, 2017 | Christina Walker and Hannah Matthews CCDBG Participation Drops to Historic Low
- Jul 25, 2016 Medicaid Expansion Helps Kids by Helping Moms Get Care for Maternal Depression
- Jun 29, 2016 2014 Head Start and Early Head Start State Profiles
- Jun 13, 2016 | Stephanie Schmit and Christina Walker Seizing New Policy Opportunities to Help Low-Income Mothers with Depression
- Apr 11, 2016 | Hannah Matthews and Christina Walker Child Care Assistance Spending and Participation in 2014
- Feb 17, 2016 | Stephanie Schmit and Christina Walker Disparate Access: Head Start and CCDBG Data by Race and Ethnicity
- Dec 14, 2015 | Helly Lee, Christina Walker, Olivia Golden Two-Generational Strategies to Improve Family and Child Outcomes
- Feb 25, 2016 | Anitha Mohan and Christina Walker 2014 Data Demonstrates Crucial Role of Head Start for Children and Families
- Nov 25, 2015 | Elizabeth Lower-Basch and Stephanie Schmit TANF and the First Year of Life: Making a Difference at a Pivotal Moment
Apr 01, 2015
| HANNAH MATTHEWS (CLASP), KAREN SCHULMAN (NWLC), JULIE VOGTMAN (NWLC), CHRISTINE JOHNSON-STAUB (CLASP), AND HELEN BLANK (NWLC)
Implementing the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization: A Guide for States
This guide, written jointly by CLASP and NWLC, is designed to help policymakers and advocates gain a better understanding of what is entailed in fully implementing the law.
- Nov 25, 2015 Webinar: Children and Young Adults in Poverty: A Look by Race and Geography
- Jun 22, 2015 Child Care Assistance: A Vital Support for Working Families This fact sheet provides an overview of the research showing why child care assistance is so important to low-income, vulnerable families.
- Nov 25, 2015 | CLASP Child Care Reauthorization One Year Later, Further Investments Needed
- Jun 01, 2015 | Olivia Golden and Christine Johnson-Staub CLASP Head Start Reauthorization Comments in Response to Chairman Kline These comments draw on the work of experts at CLASP who have been deeply involved in Head Start policy for decades at many different levels, including as a key stakeholder organization in the most recent 2007 Congressional reauthorization.
- Oct 30, 2014 | Christina Walker and Stephanie Schmit 2013 Head Start and Early Head Start State Profiles Each year, CLASP releases state-by-state analyses of the Head Start program. For the first time, CLASP is also releasing state-by-state analyses of Early Head Start programs.
Mar 30, 2015
| Stephanie Schmit and Rhiannon Reeves
No Progress on Child Care Assistance Spending, Participation
This brief provides analysis of national trends for spending and participation in CCDBG- and TANF-funded child care in federal fiscal year 2013, based on the most recent state data available from HHS.
- Feb 11, 2015 ESEA Reauthorization: Challenges and Opportunities CLASP’s recommendations for reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) are based on our long-standing work and expertise in early childhood education and academic success for disadvantaged youth.
- Mar 13, 2015 | Hannah Matthews and Christine Johnson-Staub An Introduction to CCDBG Reauthorization CCDBG reauthorization establishes many new requirements for states, providing an opportunity to envision a new system which improves the quality of care, protects the health and safety of children, and allows families to access assistance more easily.
- Oct 27, 2014 | Hannah Matthews Child Care and Development Block Grant Participation at a 15-Year Low Participation in the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) has fallen for the third consecutive year to a 15-year low. Fewer children were served in 2013 than in 1998.