Charting Progress for Babies in Childcare
Build Supply of Quality Care
Examples of state-specific analyses of available data on babies and toddlers in child care:
Examples of state supply and demand analyses:
- California Child Care Resource and Referral Agency produces biennial reports on supply and demand for licensed care in the state, including analysis by age of children.
- Maryland Child Care Resource Network produces annual reports that map the supply of licensed slots and the population of children across the state.
National resources on increasing the supply of quality infant and toddler child care:
- CLASP and ZERO TO THREE studied state initiatives to build on the Early Head Start model. A report as well as state profiles are available.
- CLASP has written about the use of contracts to improve the quality and supply of infant/toddler care.
- The National Infant and Toddler Child Care Initiative has released recommendations for ensuring babies and toddlers are addressed in state QRIS.
- The Community Investment Collaborative for Kids, a project of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), provides financial and technical assistance to construct quality child care centers or improve existing centers in low-income neighborhoods.
Information on reaching and supporting the quality of family, friend, and neighbor caregivers:
Visit page: http://www.clasp.org/babiesinchildcare/recommendations/their-families-to-have-access-to-quality-options-for-their-care/build-supply-of-quality-care