Families are the bedrock of communities but far too many live in poverty and lack the supports they need to contribute to the economy and ensure their children grow up healthy, secure and prepared to succeed. CLASP advocates for investment in programs that help children, youth and families thrive.
- Child Care and Early Education High-quality child care and early education can build a strong foundation for young children's healthy development and ensure that children have all they need to thrive. This knowledge drives CLASP's work to promote policies that support both child development and the needs of low-income working parents.
- Child Welfare CLASP’s child welfare work seeks to prevent child abuse and neglect and to ameliorate the trauma experienced by children who are maltreated. We promote policies that empower parents to care for their children when possible and provide alternative, loving homes for children whose parents cannot care for them.
- Temporary Assistance In every state, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant supports cash assistance and a wide range of other programs and services for low-income children and families. CLASP conducts policy analysis and provides technical assistance on TANF to state and federal officials and administrators, advocacy organizations, grassroots groups, and research entities.
- Youth CLASP's youth policy work aims to advance policy and practice that will dramatically improve the education, employment, and life outcomes for youth in communities of high youth distress.
- Child Care and Early Education | Dec 12, 2013 Early Childhood Education Update - December 2013
- Hannah Matthews, Gina Adams (The Urban Institute) | Dec 09, 2013 Confronting the Child Care Eligibility Maze: Simplifying and Aligning with Other Work Supports
- Hannah Matthews (CLASP), Helen Blank (NWLC), Adele Robinson (NAEYC) and Kathleen Havey (FFYF) | Dec 06, 2013 Audio Conference: Update on the Strong Start for America's Children Legislation and the Federal Budget
- Kisha Bird, Project Director, Campaign for Youth | Dec 05, 2013 Campaign for Youth Comments to Treasury on Pay for Success (PFS)
- Rhonda Tsoi-A-Fatt Bryant | Dec 04, 2013 Empty Seats: Addressing the Problem of Unfair School Discipline For Boys of Color