Families are the bedrock of communities but far too many live in poverty and lack the supports they need to contribute to the economy and ensure their children grow up healthy, secure and prepared to succeed. CLASP advocates for investment in programs that help children, youth and families thrive.
- Child Care and Early Education High-quality child care and early education can build a strong foundation for young children's healthy development. This knowledge drives CLASP's work to promote policies that support both child development and low-income working parents.
- Child Support and Fathers The highly effective federal/state child support program secures billions in owed child support to custodial parents every year. Child support reduces child poverty and is the backbone of many poor families’ budgets.
- Child Welfare CLASP’s child welfare work seeks to prevent child abuse and neglect and to ameliorate the trauma experienced by children who are maltreated. We promote policies that empower parents to care for their children when possible.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families In every state, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant supports cash assistance and a wide range of other programs and services for low-income children and families.
- Youth CLASP's youth policy work aims to advance policy and practice that will dramatically improve the education, employment, and life outcomes for youth in communities of high youth distress.