Program Assistant (part time)
CLASP is a national, nonprofit public policy organization that seeks to improve the lives of low-income people. CLASP develops and advocates for federal, state, and local policies that strengthen families and create pathways to education and work.
CLASP seeks a part-time Program Assistant who will work as part of a team. The person filling this position will collaborate with the members of the finance and administration department, as well as the human resources manager, to support overall administrative and financial activities and meet the support needs of other program teams. The successful candidate will have strong communications and organizational skills; be diligent and accurate in completing detailed tasks; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; be a team player and have the ability to assist multiple teams; work independently with moderate supervision; have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; be willing to learn new tasks; and have a positive demeanor both in-person and on the phone with CLASP staff and the public. This person will sit at the front desk.
The Program Assistant will work 20 hours per week with a flexible work schedule Monday – Friday.
Description of Duties:
- Provide daily support to the human resources manager.
- Support management team and administrative staff as required.
- Assist with logistics of program teams’ audio conferences and webinars, internal and external meetings preparation, and all other tasks requested by internal staff.
- Support finance and administration with monthly expenditure reporting and other financial tasks as requested.
- Front desk responsibilities include handling and directing phone calls; greeting visitors; processing incoming and outgoing mail; assisting with meeting planning; handling all maintenance requests; maintaining the lounge, conference rooms, workrooms, and front desk area; and all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or at least one year of relevant work experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience. CLASP offers exceptional benefits, including medical and dental insurance; life and long-term disability insurance; long-term care insurance; a 403(b) retirement program; flexible spending accounts; and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please send a resume and a cover letter by email with ‘Program Assistant’ in the subject field to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The Center for Law and Social Policy is an equal opportunity employer and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.