CLASP is a national non-profit public policy organization that seeks to improve the lives of low-income people. CLASP develops and advocates for federal, state and local policies to strengthen families and create pathways to education and work. CLASP seeks a Program Assistant who will work as part of a team that supports finance, administration and the job quality/poverty program area. The person filling this position will work with the members of the Senior Management team and the Executive Assistant to support overall administrative and financial activities and to meet the support needs of a small program team. A successful candidate will: have strong communication and organizational skills; be diligent and accurate in completing detailed tasks; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; be a team player and have the ability to support multiple managers; work independently with moderate supervision; have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and a willingness to learn new tasks and a positive demeanor with the public and internally, in-person and on the phone. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Description of Duties:
- Provide support to Deputy Director of Finance and Administration as necessary with routine financial tasks including bank deposits, document delivery, bill processing, etc.
- Provide support to the job quality and poverty team as necessary with routine tasks as well as periodic web search activities
- Support Management Team and Administration staff as requested
- Assist EA in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference calls
- Coordinate program area internal flow of data, information, and requests to ensure proper follow-up
- Manage the logistics of program area audio conference calls and webinars
- Organize and maintain filing systems for program and finance
- Support finance and administration with expense reconciliation
- Front desk responsibilities, including handling and directing phone calls and reception of visitors
Some background or interest in low-income issues and/or finance is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. CLASP offers exceptional benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, long term care insurance, a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Program Assistant in the Subject Field.
(NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE)
The Center for Law and Social Policy is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are particularly encouraged to apply. Resumes will be accepted until positions are filled.